Sunday, March 17, 2013

Laundry

The rule of the PC is that the host families have to wash the aspirante´s clothes but not their underwear. So today I decided was as good as time as any to wash my ropa interior.
It wasn´t easy. I give them a lot of credit. My back is aching.  I washed 13 pairs of underwear, 4 pairs of socks, 3 bras, 1 pair of shorts, 1 pair of pants, and 1 bathing suit and it took me a solid hour.
My host mother showed me how to do it and then it was up to me. I got the hang of it after awhile but I´m still not very fast.
I had to use a bar of special washing soap that is almost clear and smells alright. As a result, my clothes smell only alright. Nothing like Tide with Febreeze or Tide Complete Care. I will definitely miss those scents.
And just as a side note, my host mother doesn´t even wash my clothes. They have someone come to the house who takes care of some household chores and also watching the baby (about 17 months old).
I will definitely take a picture of the washing station next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment