Monday, May 6, 2013

Pre-Site Visit



I leave tomorrow, Tuesday, May 7th,  for a five day site visit. I will be stayed in the casita with the cot and the chair and hopefully it will have electricity. I will take a bucket bath for the first time and will use a latrine again (haven’t since my visit to Camoapa). I will meet my host family that supposedly lives across the street and my counterparts at the different schools. I will also meet members of my future community and hopefully be able to take part in a youth group meeting. The last few days has been a rollercoaster of emotions, jumbled nerves about the unknown. I didn’t picture myself in a tiny site in rural community. I am a city girl; at least that is how I would define myself at this point in my life. I am excited to begin this journey but definitely scared!

No comments:

Post a Comment